An Unstolen Heart
Dear __________,
I have something a little shameful to admit. Every time I told you that you stole my heart, I lied. You've never stolen it. But, please don't be mad. You didn't have to. I've given it freely, every time, clad in satin, silk, hope, and words.
I remember the first time. I gave it raw and trembling, yet eager for what may come. Then, each time after, I've given it ever more reassured, and ever more eager. And every time you've given it a home in your bosom, awash in kindness, warmth and care.
And you've caressed it with a warm touch so gentle and sweet, I swear I would be able to feel it a million miles away. And each time you've returned my heart calm, soothed, and aglow with a warmth it has seldom known.
Thank you for showing me this experience of beauty, kindness, and grace.
Yours, forever and always,
– ____________
Comments
Post a Comment